Sunday, July 8, 2007

Slow Times

Not much posting lately; some personal commitments, minor surgery and inability to charge my camera have prevented me from posting anything monumental. I am feeling better, but still I have little to update.
The rotted side we have been working on is almost done.....some finish work and paint and it will be history, and the last of any outside work until fall...too darn hot! We will forever and ever have siding replacement to do, one section at a time, the most rotted and nasty looking gets first priority. Due to the scourge of time and weather, this will never be completed. This particular job was really overdue.
I do think I will push forward on the backyard project......it's mainly free, so that fits right in with the budget. I hope to have the entire back mulched this summer so we can stat planting stuff this fall. I'm not sure on when the walkways will go in, I figure the mulch and plantings will form some pathways to some extent. Probably within a week or two, the mulch piles will reappear on our driveway.
I am really frustrated with the front yard; just as we get the "bad" side sodded, the "good" side goes and dies......I think we may have some sort of infestation.....even the new sod we put in the corners died, and the plugs we put in last season which were doing great are dead now too....only the weeds prevail. Pretty unbalanced yard....starting to think strongly of doing the mulch thing in front too......why waste time, money & water on an impossible task? A couple of my neighbors have very nice front lawns, but I think that is not the norm in Seminole Heights. Plus these lawns are so small, I could afford to re sod them every season, which is probably what they do..(I'm not bitter). I'll think on that for awhile....maybe draw up some plans, look at some pictures of glassless front yards.......it's got to be pretty!

No comments: