Sunday, October 2, 2011

MORE Homeowners Insurance Trouble

After thinking I was all set with my new United Property Casualty policy issued in early July, I just this weekend received a cancellation letter from them - citing missing railing on a stair/deck and lack of a 4 pt inspection. Now, I had the 4 point inspection completed on June 4th, as it was required for underwriting the policy. At that point, they were to give me 30-60 days to fix any issues they found with the property. My agent told me I was all set. So I am really not a happy camper. Insurance has become such a huge issue for ANYONE in Florida, let alone those of us in older homes. Just the fact I'm being cancelled will likely make it harder and much more expensive to get another policy, even though I did everything I was asked to - why they do not have my inspection, I don't know - did the agent not submit it, and they just got around to underwriting the policy? Is that my fault? I have emails and calls into the agent - and I will hopefully speak to them in the morning between meetings - hopefully this is a fixable mistake. It's been a Summer I don't want to repeat any time soon....job loss, pay cuts, insurance....bleh.

3 comments:

Virginia Beach Kitchen Island said...

Good Start.......would like some more texts from you on the same topic. Good going.

poquoson kitchen remodelers said...

Getting an insurance should be on your priority list.

Virginia Beach Kitchen Remodel said...

I agree.. nothing wrong with being safe and secured.