Monday, June 18, 2007

Progress Made!

Busy week! At work anyway......over the weekend we got siding up on the side we tore up a couple weeks ago (I would post a pic if I remembered where I put the camera). That's one side down, one to go.....the other side is falling off the house in chunks, so I'm assuming it is in worse shape. Side one was good practice! We are ready for whatever awaits us under the rotted clapboards of side two! We also put the new/old door in on the side...it had been on the front porch for some time. It is a good fit for the house, better than the fan-lite door that was in there, and in much better shape.....the rain still came in, but not through the cracks in the door! We still have to put the door sweep on, that should help. That door is so exposed to the elements....I wonder if we should build a little roof thing over it; the name escapes me. It's a *mini* roof just for a door. We also got the new kitchen faucet in; we were waiting on that until we were ready to do the sink and counters, but the faucet we had was in bad shape and was leaking water under the sink. We tried to repair it but there were too many leaks; it was old and cheap. So there's a gleaming new Kohler "Forte'" faucet in there now.....looks very nice....works very good...all is well in the kitchen. Makes me want to do the sink and counter now so they will be good enough for the new faucet. Soon enough.......
I saw a lot of granite counters on the home tour...I love granite, had it in our last house....but I think I want to do tile in this kitchen; I think it would suit it better. It's a little artsy, a little cozy.....the problem is the number of choices is mind numbing; so many colors, sizes, textures and materials. I will be looking over pictures of counters for months to come......

No comments: