Monday, May 28, 2007

Flying the Flag

We have been flying our flag all weekend; it's something we had always done while I was growing up; my father was a marine in WWII, so it was never an option not to. It's kind of a tradition, we have the same flag pole holder which was on my parent's house in Bath, Maine for over 30 years. I'm sad to see that there are not all that many other houses who put a flag out; and I can't tell if it's due to lack of time and resources, or a personal preference. I can't say I am happy with all that is going on in our country, but it is our country, and I'll keep flying the flag as a symbol of my patriotism. And I'll barbecue ribs today too! (a symbol of my hunger from being so patriotic) Enjoy the day, if you are lucky enough to have it off.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.