Friday, November 13, 2009

Finally, the Chill

Below 60 this morning, now up to 63; maybe fall is finally here! It is freezing here in our home office, the least insulated/protected room of the house....it's always super hot in here when it's hot outside and super cold when it gets chilly outside....not sure why it is worse than the rest of the insulation-challenged house, but boy...it's winter in here! I used to think that it got so hot because it has it's own roof as opposed to being under the rest of the house...but maybe it's just becasue it's so separate from the house....it was originally either a wrap around open porch or a porte cochere; there was something here according to the sanborn maps, but the porch is concrete and ends at the end of the exisitng porch; I'm not sure that they would have hacked away a concrete deck to enclose a room, they would have built over the concrete. Unless the concrete was a much later addition. It is now joists and light pine floors. The room has some structural issues, termite damage, wood rot, water damaged walls...the window sils are 90% dust and 10% wood....it's on our "list", we'll get to it! I guess it just doesn't have the protection from the elements of the house.
I'll just wrap a blanket around myself and don my LL Bean "Wicked Good Slippers" when I need computer time.

No comments: