Saturday, November 7, 2009

Beautiful Outside!

The weather has finally turned "autumny"....sunny, 75 and low humidity.....NOW we can turn off the ac for good until next spring...which is good, since I just received my electric bill - $412 LEVELIZED.....$318 non levelized....this house SUCKS UP ELECTRICITY. I wish we could get some solar panels to supplement the electricity. I don't know anyone else with bills this high. We peaked at $595 non levelized in August. Who pays that much?? Dumbasses who buy big old uninsulated houses with horrible windows and no subfloors, that's who.  (Ones who lost their shirt in investment property and cannot afford to reside, insulate and rebuilt in order to make the house more efficient).
This is the time of year our yard starts looking poor, because the weeds die down and it is revealed that we have no actual grass in the front yard....and I will start trying to "fill" in more yard with more of those purple things (oyster plants?) or aspire to put in some kind of hedgey plant to take up more space and lessen the dead weed area. Maybe it's happen, maybe not; maybe I'll just lose my mind and order up a new lawn one of these days...but I hate Florida lawns..they are "crunchy" and you need to know more about science than gardening in order to sustain one. Oyster plants, I can do.

No comments: